|L train running again, at the movies, at the post office, volunteering in the Rockaways.|
I can't believe it's been 5 days since I last updated my blog. Not sure what's going on, other than I haven't had the urge to sit down and write. I'm sure fellow bloggers who read this blog know exactly what I'm talking about. It just happens sometimes.
While I'm still not feeling the urge to say anything thoughtful or deep, I am missing you guys so I thought I'd just check in quickly.
Here's what I've been up to:
- Sleeping! I've been tired and ready for bed at 10:00 every night since Friday, and then I actually go to bed! It is amazing. Every day I wake up feeling healthy and so ready for the day. Do not underestimate the value of sleep!
- Listening to Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood on audio. I am so thankful for good books. This line about the word "lady" this morning particularly spoke to me: "That word has been through a lot. Noble Lady, Dark Lady, she's a real lady, old-lady lace, Listen lady, hey lady, watch where you're going, Ladies' Room, run through with lipstick and replaced with Women. But still the final word of appeal. If you want something very badly, you do not say, Woman, Woman, you say Lady, Lady."
- Seeing movies. Perks of Being A Wallflower had me balling at the end and Wreck it Ralph was so sweet! Have you seen either of them?
And here's what I'm looking forward to:
- Watching this week's Mindy Project, which I haven't yet. My sister just posted this line from the latest episode on my Facebook wall and I'm dying to see it! "I am a warrior and my warrior name is Beyonce Pad Thai."
- Getting our Christmas tree- not until December though! I don't know where we're going to put it yet this year...
- And just Christmas in general. Duh.
Things on my to do list that just won't get done are:
- Taking a bag of clothes to the dry cleaner and tailor.
- Getting things that need to be framed, framed.
- Hanging things that are already framed up.
- Organizing my closet so that sun dresses and tank tops are put away and sweaters and cardigans are hung up.
- Changing our entire lamp situation because one is broken, one needs a new light bulb and I hate all of them.
More meaningful posts to come, I promise! I'm just accepting this little blogging dry spell for what it is. Sometimes you just need a tiny break. Please, tell me what you've been up to in the comments! xo