The other day, I was walking by my parked car and saw this:
And guess what I realized? In my 30 years on earth, I still had never learned how to change a flat tire! I decided it was finally time to learn. I thought I'd teach you all too, in case you've never done it before. Not only is it easy, but a surefire way to feel like you accomplished an important task. Once you know how to change a tire, I'm telling you, you'll feel like you can take on the world. So here's how to in 10 easy steps!
1. Open your trunk and locate your donut, jack and lug wrench- this is your flat tire survival kit!
2. Use the pointy end of the lug wrench to pry off the part of your hub cap that covers the lug nuts. Ie: the middle part.
3. Use the lug wrench to unscrew the lug nuts. Those babies should be on there nice and tight. So the trick to getting them off is standing on the wrench and using your weight to twist them. It's like a little ride!
4. Once the lug nuts are off, make sure you put them some place where you won't lose any, like the front seat.
5. Now it's time to get the jack going! Consult your owner's manual to see exactly where the jack is supposed to go. You're looking for a ribbed notch which is the strongest part of the car. Lifting the car in the wrong spot is dangerous! So consult your manual to find the notch.
6. Wind it up with your lug wrench!
7. Now your tire should come right off.
8. It's donut time! (mmmmm) Put the donut in place of the real tire, and start screwing those lug nuts back on. Use that stepping method again to make sure they're nice and tight
9. Lower your jack back down.
10. And you're good to go! Get yourself over to a mechanic and remember don't drive over 40mph with a donut on!
Now go get yourself a reward donut- you deserve it!